From: Ramesh R <triscod...@yahoo.com>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, March 28, 2010 3:29:17 PM
Subject: Re: [arr] ARR on Lift Kara De - youtube links

Thanks for the links (and to the person who uploaded them). This is the first
time I saw what the show was about. While I do appreciate the intent behind the
show and how it gives a sizable donation to one family for their betterment, a
lot of the gimmicks in the show left me with mixed feelings.

When the lady was talking about her hardship it felt very manipulative to have
music in the background. It's not cinema. It's someone's life. To use music and
overscore it, is an insult to that person since it's trying to evoke feelings
of pity. That she has managed thus far despite the hardships is a testament to
her resilience and courage. What she needs is sympathy and support. Not the
cinematic equivalent of "look at her sad plight. Now cue in the sad strings and
flute. Feel sorry for her". You don't have to be patronizing when want to be
charitable. And I haven't even started about the rest of the gimmicks. Enough
said.

For all the noble intentions, they had just 3 minutes about the lady and the
rest of it was all fluff. It primarily seems like a mix of a talk show and a
reality show that earns brownie points masquerading as a sincere effort at
charity.

Santosh Pandey,
      You seem like an awesome guy. Like ARR said, you didn't lose. Everyone's
a winner. Just wait for the day when you'll get to meet ARR. Keep up your good
work!

RR