From: AJ <purev...@yahoo.com>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, April 20, 2010 8:47:18 AM
Subject: [arr] Re: Raavan - Official track list - why is Asha's song chopped???

Thanks for sharing this information!

Based on this.....only 6 tracks.....no AR sung number, no instrumental or theme
number, no Asha Bhonsle Number, which I was really, really, really, really
hoping to hear, as that would have been a nice semi-classical number. Bollywood
Hungama has a "Ranjha Ranjha Unplugged" track.  Is that true or false? I assume
false because it's not in the official tracklist on the AR site.  Someone needs
to inform Bollywood Hungama that their info is false!

My disappointment right now is only for the fact that Asha's number has not
been included in the CD.  Why?  I don't understand how these things work and I
have a feeling that Rahman has nothing to do with these decisions.  Having
Asha's number in the CD would have added so much in my opinion....."Madhuban
Chor".....if that is correct, sounds like a nice semi-classical Kathak number
that I've been waiting to hear from Rahman for sooooooooooooooooo damn long.
Again, I have to wait.  I'm pretty upset about this and somehow, I knew this
was going to happen.....Qawali chopped off in JA, now this number chopped off
in Raavan.  Now, my only hope is that we hear this song on the Tamil version.

Now, that being said, I don't know how the remaining 6 songs will be like and I
may be blown away by them when I hear them and totally love this album when it
comes out....which is what I'm hoping.  The fact that there is flute and sitar
in Reena's song is very exciting to me, along with the fact that her song on
that 30 second clip sounded very sweet and melodious.  The fact that there is
Oud and Shehnai in one of the songs is also very exciting and from the clips
that I've heard so far, quite a few songs sound quite melodious.  So, my hopes
are still high and I'm still excited.