From: Ram Motipally <ram.motipa...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] Re: Raavan songs - not impressing on intial hearing..
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 6:02 PM

Friends,

In my opinion, there are two kind of ARR albums, ones which can be enjoyed
irrespective of the movie (standalone) and others which are very strongly
linked to the theme of a movie. ARR-Mani combo is always the later. And to add
to it, the music has a earthy, edgy stuff and emotions are a bit edgy and even
dark at places...and knowing whatever we have about raavan, the music would be
very appropriate to the story and its emotions.

So, having said this, the music is good, but I am not yet engaged or hooked as
some of the other ARR music. This happened with Guru too. So I guess I have to
wait till the movie is released.

My wife seems to be the smartest here, she has refused to hear the music in
advance. She says she will see the movie and only then listen to the audio !

Summary, music is good, but not able to get hooked until the movie comes out.
And this is definitely not the kind of bright, sunshine love melodies or light
hearted romantic songs from ARR which one gets instantly hooked up to. Will
take time and effort !

Also I see a larger trend here for ARR-Mani combo, due to the geniuses that
they both are, the music and the movie get so intertwined. The combination of
the music-movie will be perfect, but in this process, the innocence of ARR's
bright sunshine music is missing ( the kind in roja, thiruda thiruda, bombay)
. Also because Mani is picking more serious subjects lately and for the future,
this might continue. Geniuses evolve and since we treasure both of them, we
should just go with the ride they take us on.

Maybe if Mani picks a lighthearted romance of the roja/bombay/ thiruda thiruda
kind will it allow ARR to give the bright sunshine romantic numbers of old that
we like and some of us seem to be missing. Or maybe it is just me trying to
hang on to the past and expect geniuses to keep churning the same old
stuff......just because we loved it so much in the past....

Ram

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 11:58 AM, prakash krishnan <praka_h...@yahoo. co.in>