On 4/30/2010 11:56 AM India Time, _pravindersheoran_ wrote:

> To be honest the way youngsters are going, Indian values will be a
> things of past very soon.

Exactly. younsters are going en masse the wrong way faster than ever.

And that is the exact reason why ARR and others should create such
gems reflecting indian values so that at least some youth get a change
to know what indian values are and then, to return to their roots.

ARR has always given more output for upholding indian values than most
of the current generation of MDs. How many "indian" songs Himesh has
given, how many Pritam has given, and so on for Anu Malik (of course,
sandeshe aate hain was great) and Nadeem Shravan (does any one
remember any). But, ARR has a long list of songs vandemataram, jan gan
man, and even his totally filmy songs were having social message
courtesy PK Mirshra and Mehboob, and such a message in Urvasi was the
one that had brought me to ARR the first time (not Roja, unlike most
of you) and that bond has never weakened.

The definitions of love and emotions changes with time. The shyness
and silent suffering sacrificing love of 50s is now a thing of past,
so much past that current generations don't even find and message in
that shyness and that silence and think that was stupidity of the
people of that time to be such shy and such silent and suffering and
do sacrifices.

That made many sweet and great songs of 50s irrelevant and out of
place in today's times.

But, global values don't change, motivating someone to do something
great doesn't change, patriotism doesn't change, social issues and
awareness of them doesn't change. That's why Pradeep's songs of 40s
and 50s and 60s are still stirring souls when heard, culminating with
all time great patriotic song "ai mere watan ke logo" that was first
rendered on 26 January 1963. It has been 47 years and still fresh.
Similarly many social issues raised in so many songs of Sahir still
remain as relevant as they were at the time of their creation.

I think definitions of emotional and love will keep on changing in
future and ARR's emotional and love songs will loose their values for
future generations.

But ARR's socially relevant songs, patriotic songs, etc. will remain
as fresh as ever.

> And then, only a few like us will just be left with our old
> memories and "Kata Kata" song.

There are and will be many others silently (less vocally) sending
feedback and giving messages.

One such feedback/ message is here:

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2010/02/27/india_nominates_sylvester_stallone_de

> Meanwhile, Aussie singer/actress Kylie Minogue has been mauled for
> her performance of "Chiggy Wiggy," which she sang in the movie
> "Blue." The track, written by Abbas Tyrewala, has been named in the
> Most Atrocious Lyrics category.

Isn't that an odd honor for the costliest and most hyped song ever of
bollywood?

I think as long as we don't see a Chiggy Wiggy sequels, seems such
feedback has reached home and has been accepted and acted upon. It is
too early to predict. Let's see what happens if Blue II gets made.

--
Rawat