the author talks about distinct sounds and i think he/she has totally got it
wrong.

behne de initial 50 secs will partially prove his claim wrong as the sound
is totally unique. beera has plenty of unique sounds. ranjha ranjha
anuradha's humming is quite unique i believe, kata kata interlude beats are
abundantly unique, khilii re interlude flute and beats with varying pace is
quite unique as well.