I've been hearing a lot of Raavan reviews some of them were absolutely
absurd...like Raavan lacks soul and doesn't touch heart, which can be
acceptable if only you don't listen to those kind of renditions.
I bought the C.D the day it launched and have been listening continuously.Now i
have my opinion ready.Raavan doesn't belong to the fast pace catchy number or
genre and believe me its not for the crowd, it belongs to the aesthetic
listener and not the masses it belongs to the like of Bose and Mangal
Pandey(once Rahman himself confessed "it was more of 'in your face' patriotism
and folk involved in the Album which was why MP and Bose were not received well
with the crowd,Bose is my most under-rated Album),but most of us liked it just
because of the sheer genius involved with some songs, atleast i liked!!
My 5 year old niece remembers Ghajini and Masakkali by heart and that means
those album not only had Rahman's genius but was also a crowd puller but Raavan
is much of a classical and folk kind so that belong to me and not my
niece....tell me how many out in the masses would listen to Kural(Connection)
not many but i do...every day it's listed in my playlist..Raavan is one CRACKLE
OF AN ALBUM.....trust me.....
How many accept?????

Rahmaniac
Asit Anand