Hi,

It's been ages since I wrote to the group I guess...
Raavan and Raavanan motivated me to find time to write! :)

Before listening to the album, I was expecting the album to be rich in
classical music, and was expecting it to be melodious, with lots of hindustani
flavour thrown in, wiht lovely tabla's accompanying...  Probably cos of initial
news suggesting that Aishwarya Rai plays a singer in the movie...

Even after I listened to that first teaser with Beera Beera song, I didnt
change my expectation! So, I start listening to the album, and what do I get?
shock after shock!
I had never imagined so much folk touch, and heavy beats... Though I spotted
brilliance throughout the album, I wasn't very happy, I wasnt comfortable with
the album - until that "expectation" mode wore off!

After that, I've been listening to it so many times, relishing the absolute
wizardry showcased by AR in this masterpiece of an album! I'm in love with the
absolute energy in Beera, the longing in Behne De, the tantalising vocals of
Rekha in Ranjha, the silky smooth rendition by Reena and superb flute
accompaniment by Naveen kumar, the irreverance in Tok de Killi, the love in
Khili re, the fun in Kata kata!! Each song is a gem!!

I'm glad I moved out from my "expectation" soon and started enjoying this
absolute masterpiece!

Started listening to Raavanan, and loving it!!
My thoughts on Raavanan later..  I'm waiting for it to sink in :)

Aravind

Rahmania show interviews: http://rahmania.4shared.com