Bhairavi is one of ARR's fav ragas...

 Margazhi thingal (Sangamam) Mera rang de basanti (TLOBS) Rang hai (in parts)
(Meenaxi) Jiya jale (in parts) (Dil se)

--- On Sat, 5/8/10, AJ <purev...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: AJ <purev...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [arr] ARR and Raaga Bhairavi
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, May 8, 2010, 8:01 PM

      It was a nice, pleasant surprise to hear shades of Raaga Bhairavi in
Raavan's/Raavanan' s music.  Which other ARR songs from the past have used
Raaga Bhairavi, for those of you who know raagas?

A few come to mind:

- Parts of Man Mohanna from JA, esp. the intro string interlude and flute
interludes

 - Sabaq Aisa from Tehzeeb, used heavily here

 - The choruses of Taal Se Taal Mila (the Antara is in Kirwani)

I don't know of any Bhairavi songs in Tamil, but I may be mistaken.  Anyone
want to add to this list, if you can think of some?