You gave Bollywood AR Rahman with Roja and from there he  went on to
fascinate the world. How much would you say you have  contributed to his
success?
My contribution to his  career is very little, almost nothing. A talent
like his would have  emerged in any case. It just happened to be with
Roja. That is one of  those good coincidences. He was fantastic even
then, and what he is  doing today is just as amazing.
And what is his contribution to your films?
I depend quite a bit  on music for my films. Whether it was Ilayaraja
who has done a lot of  films for me or Rahman, their contribution to my
films is enormous. A  lot of my films are underlined by music, sometimes
it could be against  the content of the scene too but they are able to
score something  different and add another text to the scene. Without
their music as  their background my films would not be the same.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/article/81/2010061220100612210608193beac7\
f83/%E2%80%98I-love-mindless-entertainers%E2%80%A6.html