Blue is a good Rahman soundtrack. With the exception of Aaj Din, I enjoy every
song on the album:

1. Chiggy Wiggy: The transition from Western Pop to Eastern Bhangra is pure
genius. I felt it wasn't jarring at all. Kylie (not a singer I listen to)
really sounded nice, husky and naughty in the song. I'm not too fond of Sonu
Nigam, since he really hams it up when he sings. Sometimes it works (Satrangi
Re) and most of the time it doesn't. Still, the change in the musical
arrangement is a great achievement. The whole issue of what Chiggy Wiggy means
is really a moot point. It is the musical equivilent of the classic Hitchcock
Macguffin, something to hang the music on. To paraphrase what Bruce Lee says in
Enter the Dragon - "It's like a finger pointing at the moon. Don't concentrate
on the finger, or you will miss all the heavenly beauty of the moon." Who cares
what Chiggy Wiggy means? The song is very enjoyable and all credit to Rahman
for it.

2. Aaj Din: Enjoyable song, but my least favourite on the album. Somehow, it
never seems to come together. For me it's just a build up to...

3. Fiquarana: When Rahman comes up with a song that is full of attitude, he
delivers in spades. Like another song that was pure attitude, Maareecham from
Sillunu Oru Kaadhal, Fiquarana is a song with so much panache, style and
attitude that from the first intro, till the song ends, I feel euphoric. It's a
classic Rahman song and is my pick from the album. I suspect that this was the
song Rahman wanted Farhan Akhtar to sing. But irrespective of who would have
done the vocals, the song, in the true sense of the word... ROCKS!

4. Bhoola Tujhe: A nice, melodious song. It is a change of pace on an album
that is all about cool style. But I admit that it is the second song on the
album that gets least playtime on my player. But, every once in a while, when I
listen to Blue in it's entirety, this song always feels welcome and never
overstays it's welcome.

5. Blue Theme: Now, the first exposure to the theme was the teaser on TV with
"ba-loo!" and it was a real letdown. But when listening to the full piece, my
God, it really hits such highs and gives such a rush. the vocals, the
instruments, the pace.. the entire production, it really is one of the most
enjoyable theme music pieces by Rahman.

6. Rehanuma: I'm sure I'm not the only person who felt that this is Rahman's
James Bond theme song. In a better film, this would have been the title song,
with cool visuals and lovely women! The start, the build-up, the highs and the
flow... I can't think of anyone disliking this song since it is so dynamic and
so well produced. The only reason it's behind Fiquarana for me is I find
Firquarana more enjoyable.

7. Yaar Mila Tha: Possibly the most hated song on the album, but despite the
"Goori Goori" bit, I like the song. It blends in perfectly with the theme and
feel of the album, while still being so different from the other songs. I don't
know, maybe it's just that I sometimes enjoy these crazy songs.

Overall, I would put it in the category of Sivaji, as albums that are more
about entertaining and rocking, than being experimental and scoring brownie
points from people into the more heavy-duty stuff! But Blue does have it's own
experimentation and most of it works. It's a pity that the music was wasted on
a bad movie. I am yet to finish watching the movie. We recorded it when it came
on TV, but we never managed to sit through it. We just manage to watch about 10
minutes a month, but we haven't even done that much in the past 2 months!