From: AJ <purev...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [arr] Just revisited Mangal Pandey
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 12:15 AM

      Huge disappointment when it came out.  Back in 2005, I was really
expecting this album to be more epic sounding with a larger sounding and more
complex orchestral score, but this was more my expectation than anything else
deficient about the album given the type of movie and direction by Mr. Mehta.
The score also was low in the ambiance factor that I look for in an ARR album.

Just heard it again after years. Some really good music in this album, very
passionate and ethnically Indian. Reminded me a lot of Raavan's music....in
that same mould...nothing at all copied or recycled. This album REALLY could
have used a theme instrumental, like Raavan could have. All in all, I like this
album a lot more now than I did 5 years ago.

One of the only very few ARR albums to use raaga Shiva Ranjani (Rasiya, Mangal
and Maula).