Hi friends,

With the Remanika jingle being shared and talked about now, I have always
wondered if it was ARR who actually composed it.....

I faintly remember to have read in a Malayalam monthly (think it was
'Vanitha') years back that it was Rajeev Menon who had penned the lyrics,
composed the tune, sung, cinematographed and directed the the Remanika
jingle. Rajeev's mother Kalyani Menon had rendered the female voice........

Jingles for Leo Coffee, Cinthol etc and also the Asianet theme song, have
that inimitable A R Rahman signature...... Some of them also reminds us of a
few of his later compositions too.....

But I do not get that Rahmanish feel in the Remanika jingle...........May be
I'm wrong here (because I have it in mind that it is a Rajeev Menon
composition !!!)...............

I agree that the prelude bit has some ARR like feel to it...... May be ARR
arranged the recording or helped Rajeev to fine-tune it or something like
that ??? I'm just guessing !!!!
So, can someone officially (or quasi-officially !!!) confirm this please ???
--
Warm regards,

Pramod.