EN VEETU THOTHATHIL is pure Divine Majic. The Music & Arrangement in this song
is top of the world. Seriously, TOP OF THE WORLD. I can keep hearing this song
non-stop like the heart that beats inside us.

About your question, it is Veena. On top of Veena, I think AR has also used
Jalatharangam (music played on bowls & is mostly used in hindustani classical
music). Its a marriage of traditional Carnatic Classical & Hindustani Classical
Music I would say :).

Many Music Directors have used Veena many times but the sound of Veena when it
comes from the Studios of AR, will even make every Goddess up there asking for
more :). The best Veena piece till date is in the Leo Coffee ad :). Oh man, the
ad starts with Veena and blends with tavil during the later parts. The genius
who exactly knew how to package sound & tune. The genius who has used
traditional instruments in a way that no one ever knew of.

BTW, to end on a lighter note, I recently heard that for people who go to
heaven is invited with AR's music & for those who go to hell is invited with
Vijay Antony's music LOL.

Jai HO AR !!!
Kitcha