Off late, I have been highly disappointed with the audio launch functions of
Rahman's bollywood movies. They have been calling it as a music launch but its
been of more off a movie launch kinda page 3 event and with hardly any
discussion about the music and people involved in creating it...

Have a look at Rahman's two recent regional releases..VTV and PULI, where the
focus is on music, the people involved in it....I feel, this is what is called
Music launch. All the guests speak about the music and share their experience
instead of just performing or playing the songs on the stage..in short, Music
is
at center stage and not the stars...

Check out the audio release function of Aa Aaha as well.....Its such a
satisfying experience for a fan to see such kind of launch functions...They
might lack professionalism, but at least the music is given the importance and
recognition it deserves...