From: Bivin Chandra <bivinchan...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [arr] Politics is hell, won't join it: Rahman
To: "AR Fans group" <arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 3:01 PM

      Music maestro AR Rahman has no intention of ever joining politics,
describing it as a "hell". "It is from one hell to another - lack of creativity
is a hell and the other (politics) is a hell too. I have no intention to join
politics," Rahman, 44, told reporters at a press meet when he was asked if he
would join politics if his creativity fades.

The Mozart of Madras is here for the European leg of his ongoing 'Jai Ho
Concert: The Journey Home World Tour' concert.

"This leg of the tour is different. It is a hybrid between the east and the
West. It is based on my best music in the last 18 years. This is an eastern's
contribution and it has fusion by the directors, musicians and production crews
who are Westerners."

One of the most downloaded composers in Britain, Rahman will perform July 23 at
LG Arena in
 Birmingham, to be followed by shows in the two biggest arenas in London - O2
and Wembley on July 24 and July 25 respectively.

The Oscar-winning Indian composer also said that the show would be a new
experiment. "My show will be mix of a circus, a rock show and Hindi film songs."

Asked if music can bring peace between India and Pakistan, Rahman said: "Lots
of musicians from Pakistan have come to India like Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. And
my music is loved by many people in Pakistan. In fact, my New York show had
lots of people from Pakistan. I am a musician and I like this peace process."

http://www.hindusta ntimes.com/ Politics- i s-hell-won-t- join-it-Rahman/
Article1- 572 287.aspx