exactly bro...just what i feel..

--- On Mon, 7/26/10, sreedhar <tri...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: sreedhar <tri...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] ABSENCE of H SRIDHAR hurting ARR albums?
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, July 26, 2010, 4:25 PM

      Well, it's a matter of preference. I mean, judging solely based on
Komaram Puli, you just have to look back at Aa Aah and Nani/ New. I don't know
if H. Sridhar was the engineer for those 2 albums, but the same complaints of
cachophony hold good for them also. Ditto Godfather.

And I do love the so-called noisy Blue and Raavan soundtracks! For the record,
I think the only person who can have a massive impact on a Rahman album is
Rahman himself. The loss of one technician or musician, no matter how good they
are, does not adversely impact Rahman's output. For example, I feel Chitra is
the best female voice Rahman has worked with. But her not collaborating with
Rahman off-late has not hampered Rahman's output of melodious songs.

The problem, and I felt this on several occassions, is that Rahman has, to put
it across sensitively, a multi-tier approach. Directors like Kadhir, Shankar or
Gautham Menon get songs of one tier, whereas directors like S.J. Suryah and
K.S. Ravikumar get another tier. Then you have Mani who has a tier to himself.
And whether you feel Raavan isn't as good as Bombay, or AE isn't as good as
Roja, or Alai Paayuthey isn't as good as Thiruda Thiruda, the comparison is
always on the one tier. Maybe one song from Raavan isn't as good as a certain
song from VTV, but for my money, the best song in Raavan will hands down beat
the best song on VTV.

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Indmov Buff <indmovb...@yahoo. com> wrote:

Raavan was no average flare, in my opinion. Was more appealing to me than VTV
and VTV was a great album! Just my two cents.