What is wrong with capitals ?

"When text is set in all capital letters, reading speed is slowed about 13
> to 20 percent. Reading speed is optimal when  uppercase and lowercase
> letters are used. When extra emphasis is needed, bold has been found to be a
> better cue than uppercase."
>
> *A study of fonts designed for screen display.* Boyardski, D., Neuwirth,
> C., Forlizzi, J., & Regli, (1998).CHI 98 Conference Proceedings, 87-94.

in addition, using capital letters in emails is usually interpreted as
yelling.. and it is also used for emphasizing a point. But when you write an
entire email with your caps lock pressed all the way down.. it kind of
become a silly mail.

if you want to read more on readability and usability -
http://www.stcsig.org/usability/topics/readability.html

--
http://roshanravi.com