From: kichaboy <kicha...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] How Endhiran stacks up against the rest of the ARR-Shankar
Combo Soundtracks
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 2 August, 2010, 10:38 AM

Shankar has a proclivity for choosing songs that is bombastic (all his movies
have the same trend) and IMO Shankar-ARR combo is over-hyped. Many of Shankar's
movie songs make a great impact initially but then tend to have short shelf
lifespan in the long run (Boys is a great example), however there are
exceptions like Kaadhalan, and Gentleman. Astoush Gowariker is in the exact
opposite spectrum, he has a taste for subtle melody that has longer shelf life
but that combo is very underrated IMO. Mani-ARR combo has the right balance.

Endhiran songs has all the flamboyance and grandiosity that Shankar expects for
his movies. ARR has done a great job, lot of experimentation (as usual) but he
himself would know that many of these songs would fade way with time.

Having said that Im currently in love with Endhiran :-) but this would be my
list
Kaadhalan
Indian
Gentleman
Mudhalvan
Boys
Jeans
Shivaji

I need more hearings to decide where Endhiran would fall into this list, but I
think it would probably fall somewhere in the bottom half.
-Krishna