Hey chord..
Even, I had the same opinion... The robotic sounds date pretty much back to
the 80's. But if u remember Ilayaraja's title song from the Kamal Haasan
starrer Vikram, which was completely arranged and programmed by ARR, u can't
certainly deny that ARR had such ideas during those times too.

The symphonic strings in Arima Arima, are indeed very addictive, but ARR
unusually, does not impress us with the progressions; which fails to be
purely orchestral. Irumbile Oru idhayam, too being conceptually old, our
expectations for a futuristic album become shattered. Despite all thse, the
sonic experimentation and periodical transitions within tracks places
Endhiran way ahead of any other Tamil soundtrack released in the past 5
years.
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 9:10 AM, kishore parayath <kishore.paray...@gmail.com