AR Rahman’s Jai Ho-Journey Home world tour started in May, but preparations
began six months prior to that, at Los Angeles’ famous Centre Stage Auditorium,
where Michael Jackson had rehearsed for his This Is It tour. Shows have been
held in New York, Washington DC, Chicago, New Jersey, London and Birmingham.

Says Shweta Pandit, lead female vocalist of the tour, “Singing at the O2 Arena,
where Michael Jackson was to perform last year was touching and humbling. The
audience’s reaction was so special that I felt like I had magical powers!

“This feeling is rare. I have dedicated my first-ever performance at O2 Arena
to the memory of MJ.” Future concerts are scheduled in San Fransisco, Detroit,
Raleigh, Dallas, Houston, Paris, Zurich and Vancouver. She states, “The
response has been incredible, possibly the most fulfilling experiences for me
as a vocalist.”

Shweta was first seen on TV in the 9X show, Mission Ustaad, in 2008 where
Rahman and Javed Akhtar appeared as the judges. Shweta reveals, “It was a show
on playback singers composing music. That's when Rahman sir heard me sing. I
have been touring with him for more than a year since." Shweta has previously
worked with Rahman at concerts in Hyderabad, Muscat, and in Australia, at the
Sydney Festival 2010.

Coming back to the Rahman tour, Shweta recollects some memorable experiences in
LA. She recalls, “While practising at Centre Stage, we had Janet Jackson,
Jermaine Jackson, Mariah Carey, Miley Cyrus and Pussycat Dolls, rehearsing just
next door. They had amazing things to say about Indian music. I got a chance to
speak to Jermaine and he mentioned how Indian music has become a rage, thanks
to Slumdog Millionaire’s soundtrack.”
http://www.hindustantimes.com/A-glimpse-of-Rahman-s-concerts/Article1-581646.aspx