To be honest, an album from A.R.Rahman is always a surprise to me...But if I
have to pick good and bad surprises I'll say:

Positive: Kangalal Kaithu Sei (outstanding album despite a doubtful cast...)and
Meenaxi (can't describe the beauty of this album straight after Lakeer...)

Negative: Thenali (don't really know why but I have never liked the songs)and
Kisna (I was really disappointed about the fact that A.R.R has composed only a
few songs.)