From: Ravi Alagappan <acer...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] Mature vs. Immature ways of expressing disappointment
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 5:58 AM

      That's real nice comparison of Maturity Vs Immaturity taken from the
examples of our group emails.
A Must read for everyone.

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 6:26 AM, AJ <purev...@yahoo.com> wrote:

      I want to present a contrast between two ways of expressing
disappointment and dislike over a Rahman album.  These are just hypothetical
examples as a whole but with real life expressions from the past from this
group and elsewhere contained within.

Mature:

"You know I really tried hard to give Rahman's latest album a chance, but I
just couldn't get into it.  Rahman really gave apt music for this type of film
and I'm sure the music will gel well on screen, but I won't be listening to
this album too much.  It's just not the type of music that I like.  A lot of my
friends love it and that's just their taste, but for me, it's just not the type
of music I can relate to well.  I've noticed that Rahman's music is a lot more
synth oriented these days, which is going with the trend, but I do miss the
more acoustic oriented albums from the past, although I admit he has done quite
a few beautifully acoustic and soulful songs recently in other albums.  There
are a couple of songs in this album that could grow over time and I can see
Rahman's creative brilliance in the album and how he has experimented in a new
direction, but I couldn't connect emotionally.  I hope I like the next album
and I know that ARR is still as
 creatively strong as ever despite me not liking his latest.  I've been
disappointed before and I will be disappointed again, but I have been amazed
before and I will be amazed again!  Such are the ways of being a passionate fan
of a geniusly progressive and ever dynamic and bold artist that is ARR!"

Immature:

"What the heck did Rahman just do?  Did he just give the score to his
technicians and arrangers and just put his name for credit?  The music hurts my
ears!  I wasted money on this!  Rahman has truly lost it.  Actually, he's lost
it the past 5 years....not a single song that I am impressed with.  How can he
do this?  Doesn't he know what his fans want?  We want the young, 1990's Rahman
back....YES...the one that made SOULFUL and MELODIOUS compositions and touched
you.  Come on, guys, just admit it....you know for a fact that the Rahman we
first fell in love with is not with us........this is someone else.  Those who
like this album only like it because of the name "Rahman" on it.....if it were
composed by anyone else, you would be shooting it down.  Come one guys, you all
know I'm right, you just have to admit it to yourself.  Stop pretending and
trying to like this music when you really don't"