Gayathri, exactly how I feel about Raavanan, Mani, VTV and Goutham! Well said !

________________________________
From: Gayathri Chandrakasan <gayathri_c...@yahoo.com>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, 26 August, 2010 7:12:31
Subject: Re: [arr] Dileep Reborn....???

I share the same feelings too. Not only the soundtracks and bgms, but even as
the respective films are concerned, I would pick Raavanan (haven't watched
Raavan yet) rather than VTV. There was something eccentric, mystifying yet
enriching in the film. ...not sure why it didn't fare too well at the
box-office. Then again, I also loved Dilse and it bombed at the box-office
too.Probably not everyone's choice of films, I gather.

VTV didn't hold the same sort of excitement for me (well, maybe I'm a weird
person, thus I tend to have weird tastes in films) like Raavanan did. The songs
are nice and I loved them at the time it was released. But after watching them
on the screen, only Manipaya (weird placing in the film-my humble opinion) and
Aaromale stayed close to my heart. Can't  say much about the bgm though. I've
only watched the film once and not surprisingly, I can't remember any of them
now.

Ok, this maybe a dumb question, but isn't it kinda weird to compare Maniratnam
with Gautham Menon? And what's the meaning of "his kind of music"? I. for one
thought that being diverse and unpredictable is what makes ARR, ARR?