Well Written !

--- On Mon, 8/30/10, shakib9_9 <shakib...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: shakib9_9 <shakib...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [arr] The bleak response of midea in pursuit of bashing  ARR's and
CWG's name
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, August 30, 2010, 6:31 AM

      I'm a fan from Bangladesh. Even though I'm not an Indian, i loved the
track. After couple of hearing, i felt inspired. I knew that i may be biased,so
went on giving the song to all my friends, and even family members, and
honestly speaking everyone loved it. It's a truly international, stimulating
anthem. Even though with ARR's talent he could have done wonders with this
song, but he kept it pretty simple. And i think it's because he wanted it to
reach all the masses. But for the last two days i can only see negativity
coming from the media, which is very saddening.There are only pointing to those
few comments that went against the song, but completely have been ignoring the
thousands of positive comments and love towards the CWH theme song. When i went
to the theme blog, i only saw good, sublime comments. Yes, there's definitely
some people who did;t like the song. When for the first time waka waka and
waving flag came out, hundreds of blogers and
 reviewers totally wrote these songs off. But look at them now. Different
people have different perspectives, that's normal. Not everyone will love your
work. But after reading the Indian newspapers and couple of senior crappy
composer's comments, it seems that they were waiting for rahman's CWG song to
be released, and pounded like a shameless naked cat on it and started bashing
it.

I read an article on this song in mailtoday i guess. The reporter(i'm sure is
an owner of zero musical knowledge) was constantly dragging the fact that AR
Rahman was paid 5.5 crore for it. What a cheap shot. Shame on that reporter and
the editor, Shame on you ppl. He earned it. They were insisting on the fact
that indian Govt' shoud have hired shakira or other international artists. I
don't get it He is a double oscar winner. He himself is a global musical icon.
He's achievements are far superior than any shakira or any xyz. Very sad, very
disappointing. Even in this fan forum there are some ppl who are not supporting
rahman, the way they should. Anyways, i loved the song and Can't wait the video
to come out.

Shakib

A true rahmaniac