I feel there is a reason behind use of minimal instruments.
It's going to performed in a stadium, he might have thought anybody shd be able
bring the sound with minimal instruments they have.

I'm completely satisfied with the instrumentation and it's a great idea for
this kind of song.

All you need here is  to have the crowd sing along,  I'm sure that's going to
happen.