ARR’s students leave listeners enthralled
September 3rd, 2010
Share<http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deccanchronicle.com%2Ftabloids%2Farr%E2%80%99s-students-leave-listeners-enthralled-061&t=ARR%E2%80%99s%20students%20leave%20listeners%20enthralled%20%7C%20Deccan%20Chronicle%20%7C%202010-09-03&src=sp>
Buzz
up!<http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzz?targetUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deccanchronicle.com%2Ftabloids%2Farr%E2%80%99s-students-leave-listeners-enthralled-061>

   - [image: Bookmark and Share] <http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php>

   - [image: Email this
tabloids]<http://www.deccanchronicle.com/forward/176061>
   - [image: Printer friendly
version]<http://www.deccanchronicle.com/node/176061/print>

[image: Decrease text
size]<http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloids/arr%E2%80%99s-students-leave-listeners-enthralled-061>[image:
Increase text
size]<http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloids/arr%E2%80%99s-students-leave-listeners-enthralled-061>
Tags: ar rahman <http://www.deccanchronicle.com/viewmore/7483>, instrumental
music <http://www.deccanchronicle.com/viewmore/116151>, KM Music
Conservatory <http://www.deccanchronicle.com/viewmore/116150>
 [image: ARR’s students leave listeners enthralled]

The air was filled with exquisite music, from Mozart’s symphonies to
Beethoven’s entrancing melodies. Students of the KM Music Conservatory, the
school started by India’s most famous music composer A.R. Rahman, showed
their sublime skills and high musical standards at the KMMC piano recital.

Their flair and passion for music was in evidence, as the students, of
varying ages, showcased symphonies ranging from W.A. Mozart’s Arioso to
special songs arranged by the Mozart of Madras A.R. Rahman himself.

Dr Surojeet Chatterji, handpicked by Rahman, trained all these students in a
short span of six months. “These students are my babies. They have learnt
music in a little over six months. Rahman saab brought me from California to
teach these students and it feels great to make a complete circle and come
back to India after living so many years overseas.”

Among the performers, there were many who stood out. Some of the hot
favourites were P. Shridhar, who enthralled the audience by playing
‘Breakers on the Ocean’ and Jerine Joseph who played ‘Prelude’ in D-minor
and received much applause. Then there was Prince Mulla, who moved his hands
with skill and grace on the ivory keys and brought the piano to life by
playing Webber’s Scherzo. Another whizkid was S. Arjun, whose composition
dedicated to A.R. Rahman left the audience spellbound. Being visually
challenged, he has overcome the world and proved his passion for music.

Madam Fathima, A.R. Rahman’s sister, reports, “Every student’s recital was
mind-blowing. Dr Chatterji is another diamond in the crown of KMMC. He has
tapped every individual’s talent to the fullest extent.”
Pritpal Halwarvi, a parent proudly notes, “Dr Chatterji has brought the
piano to life. The school provides a great platform for children to showcase
their talent. KMMC should have many branches all over the country and every
branch should have another Dr Surojeet Chatterji.”Adds Pietra Brettkelly, an
expat and a documentarian from New Zealand, “It’s amazing to see the love
for music in these students, it’s incredible. I had tears rolling down. When
the students stated that they had a connection between their love for nature
and music, it proved that their musical abilities were out of sheer
interest. Now I am tempted to learn music from Dr. Chatterji!”

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloids/arr’s-students-leave-listeners-enthralled-061
--
*- Regards

~ ~ A.R.Rajib ~ ~*