Good discovery! Paarthaale Paravasam is great stuff .

-Jamshid

--- On Sat, 9/4/10, Rivjot <riv...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Rivjot <riv...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [arr] Manmatha Masam  - You beauty!!
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 10:46 PM

      I still havnt listened to 'some' of ARR's old Tamil albums. Every now and
then I dig out the list of albums I am yet to listen (during the 'drought'
period when there is no new release for 3-4 months). Since we have Enthiran in
our hands and JHS coming in 1-2 weeks, I had absolutely no plan to listen to
Paarthale Paravasam (album which is less talked about) for couple of more
months.

However, I was playing "Introducing A. R. Rahman" compilation CD on my way to
long drive.. 3rd track on 2nd CD - 'Idhu Manmatha Masam' by Shankar Mahadevan,
Nithyashree Mahadevan - listened to it for very first time. I got absolutely no
clue what was going in the song. I will be very honest here, I had to listen at
least 4-5 times to understand just the pace of the song... sometimes it becomes
slow, sometimes picks up the pace, dhol at some place, gets classics at times...

Boy o boy!! I am madly in love with this song now and cant stop listening to
it. Not sure when I will move to 'Azhagae Sugama' - song about which I have
heard a lot of good things.

Early 2000s was the time when listeners used to get at least 1 song from
Shankar Mahadevan and 1 from Nityashree in each ARR album, and this duet by
them is nothing more fans can ask for. I wish Rahman make them sing in his
upcoming albums as well...