**
Have you tried the import tool 6.3? I use this version with my 5.1.2 server without any problems.

Joerg
-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Aaron Keller
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:13 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: importing character 13

**

Has anyone noticed that the import tool changed how it interprets character 13?

It used to be (and this is back in the ancient 4.5.2 days) that you could include \r in your import mapping to embed character 13.  But now with the 6.0.1 Import Tool, \r seems to be ignored.  I have not tested any 5.x Import Tools.

Can anyone tell me another way to insert a character 13?  At this point I have to use Excel (!) to “build” a field line by line, sticking char 13 and 10 in manually.

Aaron Keller
ARSystem Applications Developer

* Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]