**
I second Joe in upgrading to Mid Tier 6.3.  We've been using it fine for the past year against ARS 6.0.1.   You will enjoy a much better performing and stable mid tier!

Otherwise there is only one trick in setting up the mid tier with WebSphere Edge as a load balancer, which is the requirement to use the 'sticky' option for the session persistence.   This can be set at the cluster level. (ndcontrol cluster set...)

Let us know what specific issues you are having.

George