Depending on how you'd like your application to work, you could:

1. User selects a value somewhere in your form.
2. This value sets a qualification for the table field in a hidden
field. (The table field uses an EXTERNAL on this hidden field for its
qualification.)
3. The table field is refreshed, displaying only that one relevant
record.

Of course this is only any good if you don't need the user to be able
to see other table field entries other than the one with which they are
currently concerned. But then again, once the user had done what they
need to with the current record, you could have another piece of
workflow which would reset the table field qualification to its
original default value (which would show all records), and you're back
to status quo.

As far as I know, there isn't anything in ARS which lets you jump to a
specific record in the table field. Perhaps reasonably so, the
developers probably thought, "Why would you need to do that, since the
table field can have a dynamic qualification [ie the EXTERNAL], so why
display records which you're not interested in?". Just my opinion!

Hope this helps,
gs