SSL is now deployed on our production mid-tier server and works fine,
even works great on the Blackberry.  However...

Once SSL is enabled I had to enable Anonymous Access (along with the
previously enabled Integrated Windows Authentication).  When Anonymous
Access was disabled and with SSL enabled any access to the web server
(Remedy or even static html pages) would prompt the user to enter their
Windows network user name and password.

When Anonymous Access is enabled the Remedy web applications run fine,
except that the function request.GetRemoteUser() now only returns Null.

Here are the functions that used to return the user name and domain name
of the user. *From the thread "Mid-Tier 6.3 - Get User Name - Bug?" from
Apr 05.

function env_RemoteUser_Login() {
  var return_value = "<%=request.getRemoteUser().replace('\\', ' ')%>";
  var pos = return_value.indexOf(' ');
  if (pos > 0) return (return_value.substring(pos+1, 99));
return (return_value);
}

function env_RemoteUser_Domain() {
  var return_value = "<%=request.getRemoteUser().replace('\\', ' ')%>";
  var pos = return_value.indexOf(' ');
  if (pos < 0) return ('');
  return (return_value.substring(0, pos));
}

Has anyone been able to get request.getRemoteUser() to return the
domain\username when Anonymous Access is enabled?

I did read the "JSP, Javascript, GetRemoteUser, and Mid-tier 6.3" thread
from Dec 05.

Thanks.

Stephen

ARS 6.3 p5
Mid-Tier 6.3 p16
Windows Server 2003 (all computers and servers running in the same
domain)
IIS 6
New Atlantic 5
All computers using Windows XP (all patches)
All computers using IE 6 (all patches)