From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 2:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Foreign key on table.

Ignacio,

With that said.... I think your best approach is to solve this with an
ARS methodology. Make the Application enforce the logic, not the
RDBMS.

Add filters that verify the FK value in the other table. If filters
find a problem, then throw an ARS error. (Error might be, missing
value, non-unique value, etc...)

To allow the Application to have access to the foreign table then you
likely need to look at either Direct SQL and/Or an ARS View form.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.
Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence.