**
We've only got two active systems :

The ARS 5.1.1/Helpdesk 4 Live system (archaic, albeit reliable hardware)
The ARS 6.3/Helpdesk 6 test system - this is the one I'm working on.  I've just connected to the server via virtual desktop, its running at patch 15.  Tried the same thing - doing an export of the defs related to HPD:HelpDesk, and its freezing at the Export all related.

I'll check the developer cache; I'd forgotten about that.

Still doesn't adequately explain the crabby performance though, especially on much higher spec hardware, with considerably lower loading (the live server handles definition exports quite nicely, regardless of the number of users, always has done, the test server has just 2 users connected at the moment).

Ta,

Dave