Adam,

What you've found is sort of an accident. In the Add-ins for your Excel
installation, the COM library for the AR System User Tool was added somehow.
It's not really designed for use as a library of Excel functions so using it
from the fx menu probably won't get you any satisfying results.

However, it can be used in Excel Macros as an Automation Server. You might
want to refer to the section in the API Guide about "Automating Remedy User"
or something similar to that. It explains what all the methods do and provides
some samples in VB. VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) is the language of MS
Office Macros and just about any sample code in VB is applicable to VBA so you
can try the samples out in Excel if you want.

If you have some specific ideas of what you want to do with it and have
questions, feel free to post them and I'll be happy to help you set them up.

-Chris Woyton

Adam Konkle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Listers,

 I just found something odd while trying to work on some functions in
 Excel... I have a category of Functions called Remedy.User.1

 They look like the Remedy API Calls, but I have no idea what they are,
 or where they came from.  In a cell in Excel, click the fx button next
 to the formula bar.  Then select the Category Drop-Down.  At the bottom
 of the list is Remedy.User.1

 Server: ARS5.0.1 on NT4/MSSQL7 (Yes, it is being upgraded)
 Client: WUT5.0.1 on Windows 2K Server / Citrix
 Other Apps: Excel 2002 SP3 on SAME Citrix connection.

 This is something that rather piques my interest, since I have a user
 that wants to format their printouts of individual records from within
 one in-house forms using Excel (we ported her DB from Excel to Remedy,
 and haven't gotten the printout right yet)

 Can someone point me to the manual that I need to read to understand how
 to make these functions REALLY work? (Points to OT: Lazy Posters thread)

 Thanks in Advance!

 Adam Konkle
 Systems Support
 EComm