James,

I have installed this application on our development box and also have has
an issue with the MD5.  According to the doc the MD5 “creates a one way
hash of the proposed new password, and then workflow compares the hash
against previously created hashes.”

I ran a filter log and captured the following information:

/* Tue Apr 04 2006 15:42:24.9575 */Start filter processing --
> > Operation
> - CREATE
> >      BFS:USR_History - <NULL>
> > Checking BFS:USRHIS_SetEncryptedPWD01 (500)
> >    --> Passed -- perform actions
> >         0: Set Fields
> >                   "C:\Program Files\AR System\md5.exe" -d"abcdefg!"
> >                   Exit code: 1  Value: **** Error while performing
> > filter action
> > /* Tue Apr 04 2006 15:42:24.9759 */     End of filter processing
> (phase 1)

The only way I could get it to work is not using the password
hashing/encryption.  So the passwords in the password history are not
encrypted.

I emailed the developer about the issue in April and have not heard back
yet.

Hope that helps,

Kim Moody
University of Houston