From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Sanders
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 9:42 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: [AKO Content Warning - Attachments] Re: Finding Cursor Position in a Field

**

Hi Norm

You could use OLE and Send Keys to achieve this I think.  Attached is a small def file to demonstrate this (the form is one I use to test Business Time Calculations, so that might be useful to you too I hope).

Import the def file, type some text into the character field, place the cursor somewhere in the text, then click the menu Item Bold (or type Alt-B) and it should insert <B> at the cursor.  You need to use a menu item otherwise focus moves away from the character field and you lose the cursor position.

HTH

David Sanders

Remedy Solution Architect

Enterprise Service Suite @ Work