Hi Folks,

we've got a major DSO problem here. We've setup our new servers and are
trying to get dso working, but all we get is a growing dso pending queue.

Both server are AR 6.3 with patch 17 on Linux.

The configuration looks, according to the manual, perfectly.

We have no DNS. Clients and servers use host files.

Server#1 configuration:

hostname: Server_1_hostname
alias: Server_1_alias
Our users use Server_1_alias to connect
Server-Name: Server_1_alias
DSO-Host-Name: Server_1_alias
DSO-Target-Connection: Server_2_hostname:390692 1100

Server#2 configuration:

hostname: Server_2_hostname
alias: Server_2_alias

Our users use Server_2_alias to connect
Server-Name: Server_2_alias
DSO-Host-Name: Server_2_alias
DSO-Target-Connection: Server_2_hostname:390692 1100

We've been trying to test the transfer from server_1 to server_2. On the
console I see the ARDSNOTE 3004 coming all the time.

Here the interesting part - the host file.

Both hosts files do not containt the server alias (server_1_alias and
server_2_alias), but only the hostnames. As soon as we add the alias to the
hosts file DSO starts working. For whatever reason our network folks say we
must not add the alias to the host file, so I was wondering if there is
still a way to get it working without the alias name in the host file?

Thank in advance for your feedback!

Mark