**
Hi list.

We have Oracle 817, ARS 5.1, on Sun boxes.

We are sending data using webmethods software to the database, and asking for a return request ID. For some reason the data is not getting updated in the database.

Remedy IS returning the request ID back to webmethods, as if the transaction occured. We have a filter that stamps certain fields on submit/modify, and that filter is being triggered as well by the webmethods transaction.

We used a tool "SOAPSonar" to test, and it is able to update remedy using the same webservice - leading me to believe the problem may lie within webmethods, but again, webmethods is getting the return value and triggering the filter.

Of course we verified the plugin was running correctly, but the logs were otherwise useless, providing no tracking of the transaction - with exception of the filter that was triggered.

Remedy has suggested it is a permissions problem, but it is verified not to be. The have also suggested increasing the filter-api-timeout variable, but this doesnt make sense as the transaction happens and returns the request ID very quickly. That is the end of their suggestions on this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt Taylor
Senior Consultant