Another approach:
Base your crystal report on your launching form, which must be
a database form.
Have a field on this form called "tickets assigned to:".
Your CR will have "tickets assigned to:" as a sub-report link.
Then base your sub-report on the form you want to pull your
data from.
Your active link will give an error message if there is no
value in "tickets assigned to:", and will save (commit) the
entry before launching the Crystal Report.

The trouble with this approach is that the report you really
want is a sub-report, and you can't have sub-sub-reports.