Kathy,

Does the AR System server come up or does it report
anything in the arerror.log? Take a look at the
arerror.log file and it may give some indication on
what is going on. In your email you have not specified
if you managed to sucessfully import the Group form
from a def file. I'm not sure how sucessful this will
be as I remember in past releases the Group form had
to have a specific id in the arschema table. I think
this was 10 (not sure what release you are running or
if that is still the case).

If the AR Server is failing to start the
arreload/arcache is not going to help as they connect
through the Remedy api and requires the server to be
running. In this case, your best and probably only
option maybe to restore the DB from a backup and try
restarting the server or re-installing the server with
the DB upgrade option.

If the ar server is running, then you may not be
allowing arcache and arreload. Check this in your
admin tool under server preferences -> advanced tab.
You can also check this directly in the ar.conf/ar.cfg
file and set appropriately.  Also do you have specific
ports you use or the default register with portmapper?
If you do not use portmapper then you have to set the
ARTCPPORT variable for arcache to work. If you change
the entries in the ar.conf/ar.cfg file you need to run
arsignal -c <server name> so the server reads the
config file.

Once this is done you can then run arcache utility to
create entries in the group_cache table and user_cache
table
Group cache entry:
./arcache -Ga -e000000000000001 -i 1 -t 2 -n
Administrator -s <server name> -d

User cache entry:
./arcache -Ua -e99999999999999 -n tempuser -p ""
-g"1;" -lw 1 -s -d

Now attempt to login to the Admin tool and if
succesful, check if the group form exists. If it does
then login to the import tool using the tempuser
account just created and import the Group.arx file to
restore the default groups (available on the server
install directory). Login to the user tool and create
an admin user.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Saby