From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Richard Brooks
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 8:43 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Prompt for Login on XP Service Pack 2

**

We have had an issue since moving to Windows XP service pack 2 with the User tool and the Prompt for login option.

If someone does not have this option selected then they will be prompted for login the first time and then they can exit and launch the User tool with no more prompts until they log off the network and relogin to the network. At that point they get prompted for login again.

If you watch the registry where remedy stores the encrypted password you can see it changes the value there when the password is prompted for the second time.

We use LDAP integration for password authentication and this worked fine until we moved to Service Pack 2.

We are using an unpatched 6.3 User Tool.

I did not see any fixes listed for this in the User Tool patches.

Any one else having this issue or using Service Pack 2 with no issues?

Richard Brooks
System Architect
SIM Team - Desktop Problem Management

General Mills