Misi,

Would not the new api call, ARSetImpersonatedUser, give you the user
acessing the plugin?

--
Jarl

On 8/7/06, Misi Mladoniczky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Alexander,

I created a Vendor Plugin (ARDBC) to Documentum. It only handled searches,
as this was the requirement. In other words mainly supports set-fields
from Documentum and use of Table Fields to display search results.

Viewing, adding and changing documents were done through the web-interface
in Documentum. You can easily create direct access urls to existing
documents.

There were two major obstacles to the integration.

1. Documentum uses 16 character unique identifiers. The ARSystem API can
only handle 15 characters. This was kind of awkward...

2. If you want to get/set/create documents directly in Remedy, you will
have problems of enforcing Documentum permissions, as the plugin would
connect to Documentum with a fixed user account.
There is no straight forward way within the ARDBC-API, that I know of, to
get the login name of the user performing the call...

       Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se