My apologies for not listing the solution I used earlier.  I've not used
the ARSList before so I'm afraid I may make some "newbie" mistakes.
Someone kindly advised me of the proper etiquette.  Here's what I came up
with:

The requirement from management was that a user can choose any one of the
three menu options, but not necessarily all of them, or any of them, and
in no particular order.  I tried to employ your solution, but couldn't get
it to work the way I wanted, but your idea of using a guide prompted me to
call the guide when a user clicks a refresh button.  The menu options will
never change (if they did, the whole reason for having them in the first
place would change and that would affect lots of things) and workflow
guarantees they cannot be NULL.

The table qualification is 'UserID' = $UserID$ AND EXTERNAL
($yTmpTableQual$) {I use yTmp to distinguish between Remedy-created temp
fields and my own}

The AL's in the guide are as follows:

AL1
Set yTmpTableQual to NULL

AL2
If all 3 menus = "Show All", pop a message advising the user to choose one
or more menu options.

AL3
If menu1 < "Show All", set yTmpTableQual to ( 'Field1' = "$menu1$"  ).

AL4
If menu2 < "Show All", and yTmpTableQual != NULL, set yTmpTableQual to
yTmpTableQual + " " + "AND" + " " + ( 'Field2'  = "$menu2$"  ).

AL5
If menu2 < "Show All", and yTmpTableQual = NULL, set yTmpTableQual to
( 'Field2' = "$menu2$"  )

AL6
If menu3 < "Show All", and yTmpTableQual != NULL, set yTmpTableQual to
yTmpTableQual = " " + "AND" + " " + ( 'Field3'  = "$menu3"  )

AL7
If menu3 < "Show All", and yTmpTableQual = NULL, set yTmpTableQual to
( 'Field3' = "$menu3$"  )

AL8
Refresh table

It may not be as elegant as it could be, but it works perfectly, and with
no performance problems.  Thanks again for your help!

Best regards,
Kevin