**

Dear Listers,

I am back again for your help.

Past one week, we have been receiving the below error on our server.  This some times occur every two hours and sometimes every 10 minutes.  For the past 3 days we did not see this error, but today this is happening almost every hour.   I (and BMC Support) have analysed the SQL and API logs, but they were not of much help!
Fri Aug 11 15:47:09 2006  0 : AR System server terminated when a signal/exception was received by the server (ARNOTE 20)
Fri Aug 11 15:47:09 2006     11
Fri Aug 11 15:48:05 2006  Dispatch : Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System server (arsapp01 (0) : RPC: Miscellaneous tli error - An event requires attentionNo message of desired type)  ARERR - 90

Fri Aug 11 15:52:15 2006  0 : AR System server terminated when a signal/exception was received by the server (ARNOTE 20)
Fri Aug 11 15:52:15 2006     11
Fri Aug 11 15:53:02 2006  Approve : Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System server (ARERR 90)
Fri Aug 11 15:53:02 2006  Approve :      arsapp01 (0) : RPC: Miscellaneous tli error - An event requires attentionNo message of desired type
Fri Aug 11 15:53:05 2006  Dispatch : Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System server (arsapp01 (0) : RPC: Miscellaneous tli error - An event requires attentionNo message of desired type)  ARERR - 90

We are on ARS 6.3, patch 17 on Oracle 9.2.0.6.  (both App and DB are on the same very high-end machine). We had escalated this to Oracle also to check any thing on the DB level, but that is ruled out.  BMC support is suggesting us to go to Patch 18, but we are a bit skeptical about this.  We were earlier on Patch 16 and were getting this error and BMC asked us to upgrade to Patch 17 to fix this.  Even after going to Patch 17, we continue to have this nightmare.

Can any one help?  I would be glad to provide more information if required.

Thanks in advance,
Balaji

Wise people speak from experience.
Wiser people, from Experience, do not speak. __20060125_______________________This posting was submitted with HTML in it___