From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 4:18 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Cc: arslist
Subject: Re: Does anyone know the compression format for file
attachments

I believe that it's a gzip variant... I don't know what the settings are
in terms of a compression dictionary or block size, so your going to need
to tweak those... If you're on Windows, check the installation directory.
I believe that there is a DLL in there that has zip or gzip in the title.
It's been quite a while since I have worked on Windows with this, so your
milage might vary from the posted norms.

Probably the best advice that I could give on it would be to use the API.
It's not that bad, and would simplify the development. There are also
things that you can do to speed up queries, etc. For example, specifying
the entry id, rather than querying for it.