**
You need to have another field that will hold the value and then add that value to the list you are creating.

Set fields action is Field being populated is Populated by Field being populated + variable field you also need to add " hard return" to have them appear as a list.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: Active link guide for character field or drop down list box

Joe,

Here is what i am trying to do.
On form x there are 2 field one table field with value 1,2,and 3
and the other field is character field with (menu attached $NULL$ and
Append items clicked)

Now my active link guide reads table value 1 and it has set field action
where it reads form Y where xformtable 1 = Yform1 then chracter field on
form x is set with value from form Y

In log I can see active link guide triggered got table row 1 value1 and it
did set field for 1st row
now 2 nd row successfully done
now 3 rd row done

In the end I was expecting character field will have all 3 values lists
instead I am getting last value in the character field all earlier values
are overwritten.

I hope I am able to explain

thanks

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:42:01 -0700, Joe DeSouza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Sarah,
>
>I'm not sure I understand what you want to do....
>
>Are you looking to concatinate the Issue ID's to show in the List Box as
>000000000000012
>000000000000015
>000000000000019
>assuming that 12, 15 and 19 were found to be the issue ID's you want to
pick??

>If so all you need to do is a set fields to add them with a return
character appended to the end of each ID the guide finds when it runs..