From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 11:15 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: pdf to email

If you utilize the PDF Writer (not the PDF Distiller) as your virtual
printer, you can utilize a pdf.ini file and specify the path and
filename of your "printed" report. However, after the printer utilizes
the pdf.ini once, it removes the path and filename from the pdf.ini
(why, I don't know). What I have done in the past is create workflow
that 1. Copies a static pdf.ini file that has the filename included, 2.
Print the report to the virtual printer, 3. Rename the just-created pdf
file (easy enough since it's static in the pdf.ini), 4. Attach the file
to the email, 5. Re-copy the static pdf.ini for use next time.

It works very well.

Scott Parrish
IT Prophets