-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Axton
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:00 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Install 7 oracle 10g client

You can install the 64-bit client, just make sure you install the optional
32-bit libs.  Remedy is written to use the OCI libs for communication to the
db.  Since it was compiled using the 32-bit libs, that's what it needs to
run.  sqlplus, netca, etc. are all just junk to Remedy.

You may also want to look into the Oracle instant client, which is a zip of
the libs for various platforms.  No installation required, just unpack,
configure your env vars, and go.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/instantclient/index.html

Axton Grams

On 8/24/06, Den Fong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> **
> Brian
>
> We have the DB sitting on a linux 64bit server, it's just the ARS
> installation & client on it's own 64bit environment that is causing
issues.
> There isn't a chance in H*** a windows server would be used.
>
> The issue is the 10g 32 bit client won't install on the 64bit SUSE
> box.  We are going to try and run the installation off the 64bit
> client.  I've also put in a call to remedy about this too.
>
> Thx
>
> Den
>
> **

> Den,
>     Based on feedback from consultants, we ended up keeping
> Oracle10g/64 on a Linux box (RHEL4) and running ARS itself on a 32-bit
> W2K3 box with the
> 10g/32 Windows client.  In short, Oracle works fine on Linux/64, ARS
> may not work quite as well - I hope that improves, but it's what I
understand.
> Another advantage of this is isolation of the ARS & DB system load.
>

> So is your problem that the Oracle 10g/64 client won't work on Suse/64
> or that ARS won't work with it?  Can you use the command line sqlplus
> to connect to your DB?
>
> -Brian Luke

submitted with
> HTML in it___ __20060125_______________________This