**
According to KM-000000005221 in SupportWeb, floating write tokens are issued to a user any time a Submit, Modify, or Query action takes place.

--Thomas

----- Original Message -----
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.crm.arsystem.general
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 14:57
Subject: After all these years (10) confused about Licensing

Riddle me this Batman or Wonder Woman,

Why does the Remedy Server issue a floating write license when a user logs into the server and opens a dialog form.

My understanding is that user would be issued a floating read license at the time of login and then would be issued a floating license until they modify a form entry.

We have tested this via the User Tool and via the Mid-Tier and we have similar results.

AR System 6.3 Patch 017
Oracle 10g with UTF-8
Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 3 (RHEL-3)

Thanks,
-Geoff Endresen
Amazon.com