Hi all,

I need your attention on this one.

I am becoming creative and I wonder if I should. I am trying to figure how
to automaticly delete the entries which have no more reference to their
parent. Let me explain the situation first. I have one form called Parent
and a second one called Child(Parent and child relation). First, once a
user opens a new Parent form I generate a GUID. I am using the GUID because
the user might create a child relation before they save the form(In that
specific case I could not transfer the RequestID). That way, I can transfer
it(GUID) to my child form in order to keep my reference. However, if my
users dont save their parent form and just cancel it I would like to delete
all the child entries which are now useless. Now that everyone understand
the situation what is the best approach taking in consideration that I have
multiple application and multiple parent and child relation. I would like
to avoid the redundancy in the way I develop this to come up with a generic
mechanism.

Here is what I did so far:

1- Form Name = AutoDeletionEntry
a) Character field = EntryToDelete (Form and Entry to delete)
b) Filter on sumbit run process Application-Delete-Entry $EntryToDelete$

I use the form and filter above to automaticly delete an entry from a
button. From now on, all the delete entry occure from an action uses the
form and filter state above. It works like a charm.

I would like to use the same form and filter (if possible) to delete my
orphans. In fact, I was taking about creating a escalation job to detect my
orphans in order to push the values (Form name and EntryID) to my
AutoDeletionEntry form but I cannot get any generic way of managing all the
forms at once.

Any suggestion?

Mathieu Pitre
IT Business Systems Analyst